Tuesday, December 9, 2008

ipod ruining my life

Heather had her 10 year anniversary with her company this week. She had her choice of what I must say was an oddly eclectic list of gifts. While I was pulling for the Hitachi 18 volt combo cordless tool kit, Heather made the smart decision and went with the new ipod classic. This thing is 120 GB. That's unbelievable. Yet it still costs less than our first ipod (which was the mac daddy at 30GB). We have a huge music collection at 70 GB. The new ipod has been syncing since 9PM last night. It is currently 12 hours into the process and is (please wait while I go check the status) not even halfway done. Sweet Jesus we need a USB 2.0 port.

It snowed again in Denver last night. We got about 4-5 inches. Winter has officially set in. I think I might go get some winter tires put on the Jeep. My southern truck (a.k.a. rear wheel drive) has been sliding all over the place. No studs mind you. The new technologies relating to rubber compounds are great. They make studless winter tires now that you can run all year. People are getting like 40,000 miles out of a set. I put a set of expensive all seasons on the Lexus (Heather's car now) and it is getting great traction in the snow.

I'm going to add a second tap to my kegarator setup at the house. I'm a freakin' brewer. Why shouldn't I have two of my own beers on tap at home? Hell, I think I'm being pretty conservative by only adding one. I should be able to scrounge enough parts from the brewery to keep it well under $50. This is not good news for my liver.

Am I crazy or isn't one supposed to shovel their sidewalk when it snows? Looking down the street this morning while I was shoveling the walk I couldn't help but notice that only one other person had cleared their walk. Does that mean that I am a better person than my neighbors? I say yes. I am a better person.

I already want a snowblower.

No comments: