Thursday, December 25, 2008

I-285 Again

Jesus- what does it take to become a frequent flyer? Yet another trip last week. Destination- ATL!

Why would I go back to that sorry city yet again? I'll tell you why. It was Gloria's 60th birthday (that's Heather's mom), and Heather, Jen, Steve and I all flew in to celebrate with her.

We left the negative temperatures in Denver and arrived to 70 degrees in the A-town. Humidity and everything! It was awesome. Pops picked us up at the port and we wasted no time in getting to a Mexican joint for some white cheese dip and margs.

We dropped pops off (he was nice enough to let me use his pimpin' ride) and headed to Perimeter for the birthday dinner. We got a private room at Chequers and enjoyed some of the best food that I have ever had. The Tuna was quite possibly the most delicious thing to enter my mouth. Ever.

The next day we headed up to Gloria and Michael's mountain house in Franklin, N.C. Michael just bought the neighboring property (including the palatial double wide), so it was fun to have a huge area to roam. The boys had a campfire and we drank several bottles of some premium Avery shit from Michael's reserve collection. Relaxation was had by all.

The following day we packed up and headed to Michael and Erin Smith's place in Braselton. That's Heather's brother. The evening ended in usual fashion with Heather and her brother fighting as we pulled away and headed back to Gloria and Michael Reynolds place.

We got up the next morning and headed to Marietta to see pops and B.A. We hung out with them all day and then pops dropped us off at the Simon's, where dad took posession of his pimp ride again.

We had a lovely dinner and visit with Tony and Gia before playing Rock Band until 2 A.M. We had many delicious libations and rocked the shit out of that so called game. I will be purchasing Rock Band at some point in the future. Off to Hartsfield in the morning to meet up with Jen and Steve and cruise back to Denver.

I hate those kind of trips. It's time off of work, but it's no vacation. Trying to visit as many people as possible in a very short time. Driving all around the greater metro area and beyond. It sucks. When I got to work the next morning, I felt like I needed a day off.

Luckily Christmas is here. X-mas is good for a day off of work, but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. Everybody goes broke trying to buy gifts for everybody else. People do their annual piece of charity work and pat themselves on the back while the poor go around with no health care the rest of the year. Currrent musicians take already marginal christmas songs and do their inevitably terrible renditions. You have to say "Happy Holidays" to everyone you come in contact with. I don't care if they have a happy holiday at all.

Christmas sucks.

Having said that; I did buy presents for all the family members and so I will be accepting gifts in return. We got webcams for all the family this year so that we can communicate all futuristically. Problem is- the credit card rewards gift card that we're using to buy our own webcam hasn't come in the mail yet. We don't have our own webcam. Oh well- Jetson like communications will have to wait for Heather and I.

We have Jen, Steve, Kim Turner and Kim's folks coming over for Christmas Dinner tonight. Heather is currently cleaning the house. I should probably get to helping her out before her anger boils up inside to the point where it comes spewing out all over my face. I can handle the molten malisciousness- it's the dog that I feel bad for. He shouldn't have to witness those things.

No comments: