Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Blog Purpose

Until I get a job, this is going to turn into a beer blog. Just what the blog world needs....

Today I had another fine brew from the folks at O'Dells brewing in Ft. Collins, CO. At least there's one good brewery in Ft. Collins. Seriously though, O'Dells is the shit. Clearly my favorite new discovery in the beer world. It's hard to put anyone ahead of Avery, but O'dells is gat dang good.

The stores in Denver get a larger variety of brews from Green Flash brewing in San Diego. I am enjoying a bomber of Imperial IPA as I write this. Wait........mmmmm that's good. Waiting for me at the liquor store down the street is a red ale from the flash, as well as a nut brown and a stout.

Denver distributors also boast a larger selection from Dogfish, Stone, Moylans, and of course Avery. The one brewery that I am already missing is Bear Republic. No more Red Rocket for me...... boo hoo. The beer guy at my local kick-ass liquor store tells me that Bear Republic was only available in bombers, and they didn't sell well at all. The distributor told him that Bear Republic was having problems with distribution. Bullshit. When I told him that Portland gets sixers of red rocket and racer 5, he was pissed.

You know what's funny? Well I do. Denver has every Bridgeport beer in sixers; even ESB. Portland stores don't even carry all the bridgeport stuff. I just assumed that they didn't bottle the ESB. Whatever- Bridgeport is low on the micro totem poll anyhow. Not as low as New Belgium.

Did somebody mention New Belgium? God I hate them much more now. Every place in Denver has god damn New Belgium. Me: "Hi there, what micros do you have? Server X: "Oh- we have all the New Belgium beers". What am I supposed to say? If I roll my eyes and then ask if they have any good micros- I sound like a beer snob/geek- which is so geeky. If I say nothing, then the server might think that I know so little about beer or my taste in beer is so unrefined that I actually like that crap.

Eric Engelbrecht just walked in- we're gonna take the dogs to the dog park I guess.

Happy drinkin

1 comment:

Harrys said...

Hey Phil

Keepin tabs on how your doing. Glad to see you found a useful hobby. I will let the guys know what you been up to, and give them you blog address.

Harry