Sunday, January 25, 2009







That's what happened right across the street today. We had just gotten home from the mountains and picked up our friends dog that we have to dog sit. I was sitting on the couch when I heard what souinded like a car wreck. Skidding car followed by impact- but then a bigger impact right after the first.






The second impact was in fact a Chevy Tahoe going upside down and backwards into a house. As you can see- it literally went through the front door. The middle pic shows the top of the front door. The rest of the door is gone. What you're seeing is the inside of the house.






I ran outside and called 911 as I headed across the street. Another guy arrived at the car right before me and I assumed that the two of us were going to be pulling people out of that truck. As the operator asked me if anyone was in the vehicle, the other dude said that nobody was in the vehicle. The driver had very quickly jumped out and ran. The one eyewitness apparently gave chase, but did not catch him. Holy shit- you don't see that everyday.

1 comment:

The Hamzinger said...

Wow - now THAT'S an entrance.