Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back from Old Mexico

We are officially back from Mexico. Made it through the whole work week.



We left Mexico where it was 80 degrees and sunny every day. We arrived back in Denver on a Sunday night. We went straight to bed and woke up Monday to a snowstorm. I ended up doing a 180 on a major road during my commute. I was not a happy camper Monday morning.



I posted a few pics on Flickr from our trip. http://www.flickr.com/photos/15458578@N04/ We went to Puerto Vallarta for Jen and Steve's wedding. We stayed at a small resort south of town called Playa Fiesta. They only do weddings. The place is small. It sleeps 60 people. It is all inclusive. It was the nicest hotel that I have ever stayed in. It also happened to be on the ocean. There was no development on one side of the hotel, so the pool and bar areas backed up to trees, sand and water only. Not another hotel in sight that direction. Pretty bad ass.



Jen, Steve, Heather and I arrived on Monday afternoon. There were no other guests at the resort. The place was fully staffed for the four of us. I felt like a freakin' millionaire. I actually felt guilty that all these people were there to serve the four of us. We asked the owners to let them go home, but they insisted on the full staff remaining.

The whole gang arrived on Wednesday and we did it up that night karaoke style. There were a couple of casualties who were out before dinner. The next morning we went on a zipline canopy tour in the jungle where they filmed Predator. It was pretty kick ass. The bus ride didn't help some of those hung over stomachs. Thems was some shitty third world roads.

Heather and I made time to go sailing after the wedding. It was awesome. One of the staff at the hotel hooked us up. "Pato" met us downtown and showed us to the marina where we hooked up with captain "Chewie". His boat was about the same size as our boat back home in Portland. We saw a Manta Ray right away. It was about 20 feet from tip to tip. We rolled right up on top of it before it dove down. We saw a sea turtle as well. We weren't having any luck with the whales and then I heard Heather scream. I turned around to see a humpback whale come up from under our boat. He surfaced about ten feet from us. I could have jumped off the boat and slapped it. Afterwards- cap'n chewie said he was scared that we were going to hit it. He had never had one surface so close to his boat. It was amazing. Then the wind picked up and we had a lovely sail. Hell of a day I say. Hell of a day.

Get your webcam and get on Skype.

No comments: