Friday, November 30, 2007

You Wish You Were Me

OK- There is officially something wrong with my brand new car. Oh wait- I forgot- even though I just bought it, it's 14 years old. Oh well, I don't think it's any big deal. Maybe a vacuum leak somewhere or something. It's just causing the idle to fluctuate and ruining fuel economy. I'll get it fixed whenever I have the money. Which will be never, because I don't have the ability to not spend money that I have.

I am definately one of those people who will always be broke. Doesn't matter how much money is coming in- just as much is going out. I am simply never happy with what I have.

If you were to jog back in time to say, 1993 and tell a 17 year old Phil that he would be:
1. Living in a cool city
2. Owning a house in said city
3. Living with a hot girlfriend who continues to stay with you regardless of the fact that you chronically behave in a chidish and selfish manner on all fronts
4. Working a job where one is paid to drive around town and make friendly with customers.
5. Owning a Lexus coupe, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Motorcycle and a big ass sailboat
6. Having a man cave with billiards, ping pong, a bar, darts and karaoke
7. Captain of a kick ass bowling team that parties every week
8 ect.........

Well- that little Phil would say that his grown up self totally rules.

Yet; grown up self is never satisfied. Maybe I need to listen to more Bob Marley- or UB 40- or Jimmy Buffett or something. Maybe I need to start smoking reefer again. Maybe I just need to knock up my girlfriend. Then I will be too busy to sit around and wish I had different stuff.

Oh well- tonight i am going to play in a poker tournament at Jackson's house. Tomorrow I will join a bunch of friends at the winter brewfest. Yeah- I take back the whole sneaking one past the goalie thing. My life kicks ass. I am going to go rub it in a breeders face real quick.

3 comments:

tony said...

1. It's definitely, not definately.
2. Definitely more UB40.

Fever said...

should I go back and point out all your spelling errors?

The Hamzinger said...

Great flaming hogballs! That's two posts within a week!